Saturday, January 2, 2016

Does a Mountain Whisper?

Thanks for dropping in to read my little blog!

We live in the Smokey Mountains of east Tennessee and think it is one of the most beautiful places here on God's great earth. And the people are mighty nice as well.

So where did the name Whispering Mountain come from? My husband and I were trying to come up with a name for our businesses. I make jewelry and paint Christmas ornaments... (at least right now. Who knows what will capture my interest this year?) And my husband makes THE BEST homemade BBQ sauce. Once we have the online shop up and running, you can be sure I'll be posting it all over the place! So you can see one of the issues we had was trying to find a name that we could both use even though our talents are very far apart.

But we spent days and days brainstorming ideas, with no names that we both liked. And, because my brain constantly jumps from one thought to another, somehow I went from brainstorming names with the word "mountain" in them to thinking about my favorite Christmas special, "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." I've always loved the song where Chris is teaching the Winter Warlock to walk and that made me think about where he lived. The Mountains of the Whispering Winds. 

And that, my friends, is how the name came to be. 

So I own Whispering Mountain Designs and my husband is in charge of Whispering Mountain Grill. 

And yes, the mountain you see on the blog is the mountain we see from our front porch, but no, it's not Whispering Mountain. It's Devil's Nose. And that's a story for another time...


No comments:

Post a Comment