Monday, April 25, 2016

Monday Musings - Ideal or Real

If you are anything like me, you tend to live in two different worlds. 
  
I mean, we all live in the real world. And for most of us, that means we have to work and cook and clean and do all of those unpleasant tasks that are necessary simply because you don't have anyone else to do it for you!
  


But there is also the pretend world. That's the place where you can go anytime you read a book or watch tv or play computer games. 
  
  
But there's another pesky little world that we rarely even acknowledge exists. And that's the "ideal" world.
  
Sometimes we get so caught up in trying to make our lives look a certain way, or own just the "right" (you can fill your own blank here) that we forget to enjoy where we are right now. After all, we'll only come this way once...
  
Moving to eastern Tennessee was a huge change for me. And I had all these dreams of what it would be like when we got here. I'd have the house I always dreamed of, and things would just flow into place... (I can hear you snickering at me...be nice.)
  
This past year and a half has been a time of trying to find myself again. Both my parents are gone, my grandparents are gone, AND my daughter just got her driver's licence. So all the people who needed me for specific things that no one else but me could give no longer need me. At all. (Yes, that's a bit melodramatic...my daughter will always need her mom.) 
  
But I find myself wishing for the "ideal" life. Not a perfect life, but more like the one I had kind of hoped would happen once we had made this monumental move. And I found myself being dissatisfied with the majority of things simply because a few things weren't working out the way I thought they would.
  
There wasn't a big moment when I realized this was all happening. I just sort of noticed that I was being really negative all the time. And then I realized how silly this all was. 
   
  So, I'm trying to look at the positive things in my life. And stay focused on those. 
  
  
Like my amazing family. 

  
And the view from my front porch. 

  
The gorgeous Tennessee sunsets. (Although sunsets on the ocean will always be best, in my humble opinion.)
   

  
  And the gorgeous flowering trees that are all over our property. These beauties are from one of the peach trees in the front yard. 
  
And mostly for having a great God who loves me no matter what mood I find myself in and is willing to invest time in me so that I will become the person He has always wanted me to be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment