Friday, April 1, 2016

Fabulous Friday

I just finished beading a pattern by Lorraine Chairman Hickton. She is an amazing artist and designer and I am privileged to be able to work with her in testing some of her new designs. (Be sure to check out her shop with lots of beautiful patterns for sale. Click here: Trinity Designer Jewelry.)
   
  
This bracelet is titled "China Town" and the vibrant colors are so in keeping with Chinese celebrations. You can almost see dragons in the design, if you look close enough. 
   
These bracelets are stitched using Delica 11/0 beads. Each bead is stitched on, one by one, to create this amazing design. And if you've never seen these beads up close, let me tell you that they are small!
  
   
Here is the bracelet just getting started. 
  

   
I set out each line with the beads I need so I don't miss a color. That little row above the bracelet is the next row of beads I would be working with in this design. 
  
The stitch used for this design is called the brick stitch. The beads sit stacked on top of each other, instead of in staggered rows with the peyote stitch. 
  
  
A close-up of the bracelet, to show off the intricate design. It truly makes a colorful statement when worn! 
  
You can purchase this bracelet in my shop (click here: China Town bracelet). 

  
This is another of Lorraine's designs, "Blue Baubles." It is one of my favorites. You can view it in my shop by clicking here: Blue Baubles

No comments:

Post a Comment